Who We Are
Neighborhood Housing Partnership of Greater Springfield (NHP) is a non-profit 501©(3) organization dedicated to increasing and preserving homeownership, promoting the development and rehabilitation of housing, and supporting vibrant, healthy neighborhoods. NHP provides customer-friendly service in all aspects of neighborhood revitalization and homeownership support – from getting ready to purchase a home, buying and maintaining a home, and supporting community leadership’s efforts to improve and sustain our neighborhoods. NHP was formed in 2002 as a result of a merger between the former Springfield Community Redevelopment Corporation (SCRC), a nonprofit affordable housing developer, and Springfield Hope, a faith-based group. The purpose of the merger of these two nonprofits was to create an organization sufficiently capitalized to implement community-development related activities. NHP is overseen by a diverse Board of Trustees comprised of neighborhood residents, business and government, minority and low-income representatives.
Turn Your Dream Into a Reality
You dream of buying a house—a place to call home. But, like many people, you may not be familiar with the home buying process. And you’re not sure you can afford a downpayment, let alone the monthly mortgage.
Or perhaps you already have a house, but lack the funds and experience to make improvements to protect and increase its value. In either case, NHP is here to help you turn your dream into a reality.
We’ll Help You Get There
NHP is a full-service NeighborWorks America Homeownership Center and a HUD-approved housing counseling agency. What does that mean?
- It means that we have staff who are well trained and certified to provide a high level of service and knowledge. All counselors have passed the HUD National Certification Exam!
- It means we have the support of a network of organizations across the country who are all working together to make homeownership more successful and sustainable.
- And it means that we have the resources to help you meet your goal of buying a house, maintaining it with affordable home repair programs, and sustaining your investment so that you can live there as long as you’d like.
- We also develop affordable housing opportunities through new construction and renovation. We are a community-based nonprofit. Locally-based, and locally-focused, we are excited about serving our neighbors in Springfield and Clark County.
With NHP on Your Side, You Benefit From:
- Homebuyer counseling on what you need to know before purchasing a house, so that you understand your responsibilities and are comfortable with your responsibilities to move forward.
- Special programs to assist with downpayment assistance and closing costs.
- Assistance in finding and obtaining an affordable loan for your particular needs.
- Property services, including property inspections on houses of interest, assistance with construction projects, and help with rehabilitating older structures.
- Follow-up counseling to help you maintain a budget, keep your house in good repair, eliminate the risk of ever losing your home to foreclosure.
You provide the will. We’ll pave the way.
Take that first step to acquire your first house or to repair and improve your current home. Contact Neighborhood Housing Partnership, and we’ll help you start laying the foundation so that you, too, can realize your dream of a place to call home.
Become an educated homebuyer.
We offer personalized guidance by certified staff, workshops, and a range of support for you every step of the way, even after you purchase your home. Everything is designed to help you become financially prepared and mortgage ready.
Make a wise and affordable investment.
We help you pursue flexible financing opportunities so you can invest with confidence. You will also benefit from the many partnerships we have built with financial institutions, local governments, employers and others. The bottom line: Find a home that is affordable for you.
Become Foreclosure Resistant.
Keep your home and help maintain the stability of your community.
Our support continues after you become a homeowner. You learn how to maintain your property and avoid making costly decisions that could lead to foreclosure. As a homeowner in your community you help keep property values up and make your neighborhood a good place to live.
We are a nonprofit organization with the primary purpose of creating and preserving affordable, quality housing and strong neighborhoods through partnerships of residents, business and government.