Home Repair Programs
Home maintenance can be a formidable responsibility of homeownership. Many obstacles can get in the way of our intentions of making improvements to our homes—lack of know-how, lack of time, lack of savings, and all too frequently, not having a qualified contractor that you can trust. NHP understands that homeowners may need help with repairs and improvements. NHP also understands that well maintained homes are vital for healthy neighborhoods. Funding is limited.
- Emergency Repair – Program to address serious housing problems like a leaking roof, inoperable furnace, electrical or plumbing repair; available city and county wide.
- Aging in Place – Program to assist senior homeowners to make critical and immediate repairs to allow them to remain in their homes. (e.g. accessibility needs such bathroom renovation); available city and county wide.
2 Options Available (based on income-eligibility):
- Low Interest Loans
- Grants for Low-income Homeowners as funding is available
What to Expect:
- Staff will take preliminary information. You will be sent an application and asked to collect necessary income and credit information.
- Upon receipt of the complete application, NHP staff will review your information to determine if a loan or grant is right for you.
- If you are eligible, our Project Manager will schedule a time to inspect your property.
- Staff will request bids from qualified contractors and assist you with choosing the lowest and best option.
- Once your loan or grant is approved, you will come to NHP’s office to sign the documents to get the work started.
- Our Project Manager will oversee the construction; loans require a $150 project management fee which may be included in the loan.
- Contractors are paid only after you and NHP approves the work.
- You receive a 5-year labor warranty.
Listen to What Your Neighbors Say about the program.
- “Not only are the employees helpful and friendly, they keep you informed every step of the way.”
- “NHP helped us get a job done that we had been putting off for years!”
- “NHP can be trusted to look out for your best interests; the contractors used are carefully screened and the work is closely monitored.”
Now providing lead inspections and clearance
by a certified lead inspector.