Home Repair Programs
Home maintenance can be a formidable responsibility of homeownership. Many obstacles can get in the way of our intentions of making improvements to our homes—lack of know-how, lack of time, lack of savings, and all too frequently, not having a qualified contractor that you can trust. NHP understands that homeowners may need help with repairs and improvements. NHP also understands that well maintained homes are vital for healthy neighborhoods.
- Emergency Repair – Program to address serious housing problems like a leaking roof, inoperable furnace, electrical or plumbing repair; available city and county wide.
- Aging in Place – Program to assist senior homeowners to make critical and immediate repairs to allow them to remain in their homes. (e.g. accessibility needs such as grab bars, ramps or bathroom renovation); available city and county wide.
4 Options Available (based on income-eligibility):
- Deferred Payment Loan
- 0% Interest Loan
- 4% Interest Loan
- Grants for Low-income Homeowners as funding is available!
What to Expect:
- Staff will take preliminary information. You will be sent an application package and asked to collect necessary income and credit information. We will schedule an appointment to determine if a loan or grant is right for you.
- Our inspector will set up an appointment to inspect your property.
- Staff will assist you with oversight of the construction project and choosing a qualified contractor.
- Once your loan or grant is approved you will have a loan closing.
- Construction begins and is completed with your approval.
Listen to What Your Neighbors Say about NHP:
- “Not only are the employees helpful and friendly, they keep you informed every step of the way.”
- “NHP helped us get a job done that we had been putting off for years!”
- “NHP can be trusted to look out for your best interests; the contractors used are carefully screened and the work is closely monitored.”